During the coronavirus pandemic, Governor Tony Evers ordered only essential businesses to be open. Of course, we all fear a breakout of lawlessness during a panic. So, he wants more people to be able to shoot each other and claim self-defense.
The NRA said of this right to shoot each other:
This action by Gov. Evers recognizes that the Second Amendment is the law of the land while other jurisdictions are using the pandemic as an excuse to strip Americans of their fundamental right of self-defense.
February 19, 2020
Wisconsin: Senate Committee to hear gun bill on Feb 20
The NRA notified their members today, Feb 19, to contact the Senate Committee on Insurance, Financial Services, Government Oversight. The NRA urged their members to support a bill to allow pro-gun fanatics to bring their guns into Church.
Gun control supporters should contact the committee and urge them to oppose this bill.
- Senate Bill 882 allows church goers to bring their guns into their places of worship unless specifically posted not to. 👎
Please email the office the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Insurance, Financial Services, Government Oversight. His name is Senator David Craig, Sen.Craig@legis.wisconsin.gov. Urge the committee to oppose SB 882 to keep guns out of churches. We don’t need gun battles in Wisconsin churches.
- To find your representative and senator’s phone and email, enter your address at Who are My Representatives.
- Make sure you include your full name and address. Adding simple message from the heart is powerful. Keep it simple and make it personal if possible.
- See our Advocacy page with legislator contact suggestions.
- Comment on this alert at Stop Gun Madness.