A preemption bill is before the full West Virginia State House for a vote at any time. Preemption laws prevent any community from making their own gun restrictions. The idea is that somehow, forcing guns to be everywhere makes communities safer.
NRA pressure on legislators pushed the bill through the Senate. Only with concerned citizen’s calls can emails can we counteract gunners and make West Virginia safer.
- Senate Bill 96 is a preemption bill. It would take away the freedom of local communities to ban guns from certain areas. Towns and cities wouldn’t be able to ban guns from places like schools or parks. 👎
Please call or email the office of your West Virginia State Representative. Ask them to oppose SB 96 which would preempt my community’s liberty to determine our own gun restricted areas.
- To find your representative and senator’s phone and email, enter your address at Who are My Representatives.
- Make sure you include your full name and address. Adding simple message from the heart is powerful. Keep it simple and make it personal if possible.
- See our Advocacy page with legislator contact suggestions.
- Comment on this alert at Stop Gun Madness.