The Washington State Legislature is furiously passing gun safety measures. Continuing to forge ahead against NRA pressure, on February 24th, the Senate Law and Justice Committee will take testimony on four bills passed by the House.
To resist these bills, the NRA asked their members to contact the committee members. Gun control supporters should contact the committee chairman and submit testimony supporting these bills. This will counterbalance the calls from NRA members.
- House Bill 2622 requires individuals subject to firearm surrender orders to appear in court and testify as to how they complied with the order. 👍
- House Bill 2623 prohibits those convicted of unlawfully aiming or firing a gun from possessing a gun. 👍
- House Bill 2305 prohibits those under a Vulnerable Adult Protective Order from having firearms for up to five years. 👍
- House Bill 2947 stipulates that the Washington State Patrol create a centralized system for all firearm sales and exchanges. The NRA objects to the $18 fee charges for a background check. 👍
Please call the office of State Senator Jamie Pedersen (Chair) at (360) 786-7628. Ask to have your opinion registered with the Senate Committee on Law & Justice in support HB 2622, 2623, 2305, and 2947.
- To find your representative and senator’s phone and email, enter your address at Who are My Representatives.
- Make sure you include your full name and address. Adding simple message from the heart is powerful. Keep it simple and make it personal if possible.
- See our Advocacy page with legislator contact suggestions.
- Comment on this alert at Stop Gun Madness.