The Virginia democratically controlled legislature continues to approve great gun control legislation. Yesterday, all six gun violence prevention bills before the full House of Delegates received approval. Expect more activity on the six bills listed below.
- House Bill 2 would expand background checks to include firearm sales between individuals. 👍
- House Bill 9 would require that lost or stolen guns be reported to the police within 24 hours of discovery. 👍
- House Bill 421 would eliminate preemption laws. These laws prevent local communities from restricting places like parks and schools from having gun. 👍
- House Bill 1083 would penalize parents for carelessly allowing children to have access to guns. 👍
- House Bill 674 would allow Extreme Risk Protection Orders. These ERPO laws allow families to request guns be removed from family members who are a danger to themselves or others. 👍
- House Bill 812 would restrict gun purchases to one a month. This prevents illegal gun dealers from obtaining an inventory of guns. 👍
As gun proliferation advocacy groups alert their members of upcoming votes I will send the notification, but to suggest doing the opposite of their instructions.
- To find your representatives and senators phone and email, enter your address at Who are My Representatives.
- See our Advocacy page with legislator contact suggestions.
- A simple message from the heart is powerful. Keep it simple and make it personal if possible.
- Comment on this alert at Stop Gun Madness.