The support by gun violence prevention citizens is critical this week, the last week of the legislative session. Being considered is a bill to allow some local control of gun restrictions, initiate a “red flag” law, outlaw firearm modifications, and require guns be locked up. This bill, AB 291, would go a long way in making homes safer in Nevada. It passed the House, but needs help with the Senate and the Governor.
👍 AB 291 would do the following:
- Create a “red flag” procedure allowing family and authorities to request a judge remove guns from a dangerous person. The bill also includes language banning bump stocks.
- Allow local communities to make gun safety laws.
- Outlaw firearm modifications that allowed the Las Vegas massacre last year.
- Expand on the current firearm storage requirements.
Tracking Bill Progress: bold=passed, italics=location
—In the House—>In Committee—>On House Floor—>Passed Chamber
—In the Senate—>In Committee—>On Senate Floor—>Passed Chamber
—After Passage—>On Governor’s Desk—>Governor Signed—>Becomes Law
A quick phone call is very effective. Please call or email the office of your state Senator and the Governor. Urge them to support AB 291 which includes important guns safety measures for Nevada.
- To find your representatives and senators, enter your zip code at The League of Women Voters.
- From the Indivisible Guide 2.0: Coordinated calls. Calls are a light lift, but can have an impact. Organize your local group to barrage your MoCs [legislators] with calls at an opportune moment about and on a specific issue.
- Please forward to another concerned citizen to help build the barrage.
Receive timely alerts for your state.
[gravityform id=”7″ title=”false” description=”false”]