An Extreme Risk Protection Orders bill was just filed in Iowa. These bills, similar to ERPO bills filed in many other states, give families a way to request guns be removed from a dangerous family member.
The NRA, being against any gun restrictions, is fighting this bill. They’ve asked members to call their Iowa State Representatives and urge them to oppose this bill. Gun safety proponents should also make the calls to counterbalance calls from pro-gun fanatics.
- House File 2367 would allow for the filling of Extreme Risk Protection Orders. These laws allow families to request a judge temporary remove the guns from someone deemed to be dangerous to themselves or others 👍
Please call or email the office of your Iowa State Representative. Urge he or she to support HF 2367 to allow the removal of guns from a dangerous person before they harm themselves or others.
- To find your representative and senator’s phone and email, enter your address at Who are My Representatives.
- Make sure you include your full name and address. Adding simple message from the heart is powerful. Keep it simple and make it personal if possible.
- See our Advocacy page with legislator contact suggestions.
- Comment on this alert at Stop Gun Madness.