The Arkansas legislative ended their yearly session on Wednesday (4/24). Gun violence prevention groups managed to defeat four dangerous NRA bills. Although no gun safety bills passed, defeating four NRA bills is a big victory for gun safety proponents in Arkansas.
NRA Bills That Failed
- HB 1059/SB 484 was a “Stand Your Ground” bill.👎
- HB 1694/SB 614 would have forced all public facilities to allow loaded guns on their premises. This included sports events and schools.👎
- HB SB 660 would have allowed students with enhanced carry permits to keep loaded guns in their dorm rooms.👎
- SB 400 would have altered the current law allowing silencers in Arkansas to better meet the NRA’s liking. This bill passed the legislature, but the Governor did not sign it.👎
NRA Bills That Passed
- House Bill 1036 and companion Senate Bill 17 will decrease the fee for a concealed weapons license from $100 to $50 dollars.👎
- SB 400 altered the current law allowing silencers in Arkansas to better meet the NRA’s liking. This bill passed the legislature, but the Governor did not sign it.👎
Gun Sense Bills That Failed
- Senate Bill 621 is a “red flag” bill that would have allowed family members and authorities to request that guns be removed from a dangerous person.👍
- HB 1655 would prohibit anyone convicted of domestic violence from possessing a gun.👍
Receive timely alerts for your state.
[gravityform id=”7″ title=”false” description=”false”]