Alaska has the highest death rate from guns in the country. Yet the NRA calls the backers of an Extreme Risk Protection Orders bill, “extremists.” Many other states, with less gun deaths, have successfully passed these laws to take guns away from people who are dangerous to themselves and others.
The bill has not even reached committee, but the NRA is fighting it hard with an alert to the members. Gun control supporters should help counterbalance the pro-gun fanatic calls and emails by supporting this bill.
- House Bill 62 would allow for the filling of Extreme Risk Protection Orders. These laws allow families to request a judge temporary remove the guns from someone deemed to be dangerous to themselves or others. 👍
Please call or email the office of your Alaska State Representative. Ask them to support HB 62 to allow a process for families to remove guns from a dangerous person.
- To find your representative and senator’s phone and email, enter your address at Who are My Representatives.
- Make sure you include your full name and address. Adding simple message from the heart is powerful. Keep it simple and make it personal if possible.
- See our Advocacy page with legislator contact suggestions.
- Comment on this alert at Stop Gun Madness.