Legislators loyal to the NRA, boycotted legislative sessions until a wide-ranging gun safety bill was defeated. Democrats conceded on this and other bills to Republicans who refused to attend legislative sessions. The NRA made a point of thanking their gun nut members who attended hearings and contacted legislators. Those favoring gun control just didn’t have the same motivation.
👍 Senate Bill 978 would have done the following:
- Allow gun dealers the option of not selling to under 21.
- Require the safe storage of guns.
- Require the reporting of gun thefts.
- Restrict minors from using guns.
- Ban the home manufacture of firearms.
- Allow local government entities to restrict guns from public buildings.
- Increase concealed handgun license fees.
Receive timely alerts for your state.