Once again, Republicans are blocking the democratic process by boycotting legislative sessions. In May, they killed a wide-ranging gun safety bill (SB 978) by boycotting sessions. Now, they are boycotting to block a climate protection bill.
The NRA, fearing SB 978 may be brought up again, asked their members to thank their Republican Senators who are involved in the boycott.
👍 Senate Bill 978 would have done the following:
- Allow gun dealers the option of not selling to under 21.
- Require the safe storage of guns.
- Require the reporting of gun thefts.
- Restrict minors from using guns.
- Ban the home manufacture of firearms.
- Allow local government entities to restrict guns from public buildings.
- Increase concealed handgun license fees.
NRA members living in the districts below were asked to thank them for boycotting session to block SB 978. Please do the opposite. If you live in one of the districts, urge your Senator to rejoin the chamber and pass gun violence prevention and climate protection bills.
District 1, Sen. Dallas Heard
District 2, Sen. Herman Baertschiger
District 9, Sen. Fred Girod
District 12, Sen. Brian Boquist
District 13, Sen. Kim Thatcher
District 20, Sen. Alan Olsen
District 26, Sen. Chuck Thomsen
District 27, Sen. Tim Knopp
District 28, Sen. Dennis Linthicum
District 29, Sen. Bill Hansell
District 30, Sen. Cliff Bentz
- To find your representatives and senators, enter your zip code at The League of Women Voters.
- State your name and address so the legislators will know you are a constituent.
- From the Indivisible Guide 2.0: Coordinated calls. Calls are a light lift, but can have an impact. Organize your local group to barrage your MoCs [legislators] with calls at an opportune moment about and on a specific issue.
Receive timely alerts for your state.