The Hawaii state Senate Committee on Public Safety, Intergovernmental and Military Affairs is scheduled to hear testimony on four gun safety bills on Thursday (2/07).
- 👍Senate Bill 556 would require screening by the FBI before allowing a firearm permit.
- 👍Senate Bill 600 would raise the minimum age to purchase a gun to 21.
- 👍Senate Bill 621 would require the reporting of lost or stolen guns to help track these guns.
- 👍Senate Bill 1466 would create a “red flag” type bill called a Gun Violence Protective Order. It would allow family to request that guns be removed from a dangerous person.
Please make a quick call to the office of Senator Clarence K Nishihara (Chair) (808) 586-6970. Ask that your opinion be registered with the Public Safety, Intergovernmental, and Military Affairs committee. You’d like to express support for SB 556, SB 600, SB 621 and SB 1466.
- Enter your zip code at The League of Women Voters to find your representatives and senators.
- Leverage the impact – forward this on to another gun sense advocate.