The California legislature has recessed for the summer and will return on August 12. The Senate Appropriations Committee to hear two bills at that time.
Senate Appropriations Committee to hear
- Assembly Bill 1669 would increase the Dealers Record of Sale fee for gun sales. 👍
- Assembly Bill 1254 would prohibit bobcat hunting. 👍
Placed in suspension file
Work is suspended on the following bills. After the summer recess, work could resume at any time.
- Assembly Bill 12 would initiate a “red flag” type bill called gun violence restraining orders (GVRO). They would allow a procedure for family and authorities to remove the guns from a dangerous person. 👍
- Assembly Bill 61 would expand the listed types of people who can initiate a “red flag” restriction. 👍
- Assembly Bill 879 would require sales of unfinished gun parts go through a licensed dealer. 👍
- Senate Bill 61 would limit all forms of firearm purchases to one gun a month. 👍