Right now, many gun related bills are progressing through the legislature. The NRA knows this is a critical time. They just asked their members to call their legislators urging them to vote down these bills.
Your legislators want to hear from you as well. Please take a few minutes to neutralize NRA political power and help keep California number one in gun safety laws.
Bills before the full Assembly
- Assembly Bill 61 would expand the listed types of people who can initiate a “red flag” restriction. 👍
- Assembly Bill 879 would require sales of unfinished gun parts go through a licensed dealer. 👍
- Senate Bill 61 would limit all forms of firearm purchases to one gun a month. 👍
- Senate Bill 172, would improve the existing gun storage laws. 👍
Bills before the full Senate
- Assembly Bill 12 would extend the duration of gun violence restraining orders (GVRO) from one year to up to five years. 👍
- Assembly Bill 893 would eliminate gun sales at the Del Mar fairgrounds. 👍
- Assembly Bill 1254 would prohibit bobcat hunting. 👍
- Assembly Bill 1297 would allow authorities to increase the fee for a concealed carry permit. 👍
- Assembly Bill 1669 would increase the Dealers Record of Sale fee for gun sales. 👍
Please call or email the office of your state Assembly Member. Ask that he/she vote in favor of AB 61, AB 879, SB 61 and SB 172. Also, call or email your state Senator. Ask that he/she vote in favor of AB 12, AB 893, AB 1254 and AB 1669. These bills are critical for reducing the gun violence in California.